Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cherry Blossoms

David is in Egypt, from there he will travel to Jordan, then to the Dead Sea, not far from where the Savior walked. I flew to Fresno for several days leaving my nest in the Rocky Mountains, where it is still winter. I heard birds sing, saw flowers blooming,and smelled the cherry blossoms that filled the air with fragrance. The grass was a vivid green and leaves were on the trees.
Here in our valley it is winter, but today I saw lavender crocus peaking through the snow. In Jordan it is summer and David is 30 miles from Gaza, where peace is only a dream...still in my mind's eye and in my heart, I hear the words of He who calmed the sea, "Peace be still..."

2 comments:

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hello Patty,

How neat if that to be able to travel. Jordon, and California. Tell your husband to take some photos, and you too and post them! Would love to see Jordon, so cool!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Hi, Jo! And Pat, why didn't you go with? I missed you while you were gone.... My crocuses (red) are coming up, I have a daffodil in the works, and the tulips are beginning to show their stuff! So spring is not far away here at home!

Our new grandson will be named Evyn (to match Rhys)! I can hardly wait! Rhys pats Joanna's belly and says "Come out now!" Hee hee.