Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chronic Fatigue and Hope

I have a friend who has had chronic fatigue for over 16 years. He has made the rounds of doctors with no improvement. I encouraged him to change his diet and buy Dr. Robert Young's book "The pH MIracle." He also bought my book on my recovery from CFIDS. In the beginning, he gradually changed his diet to an alkaline diet, drinking three to six liters of green drinks a day and sometimes juicing green vegetables. Since candida is a major player in CFIDS and Fibromyalgia, his doctor put him on Terbinafin. It is supposed to be as strong as Diflucan but not have the side effects to the liver and kidneys. He has avoided eating grains and dairy since many CFIDS patients are gluten and lactose intolerant. He has eaten quinoa, millet and buckwheat and used rice, almond or soy milk in place of wheat, rye or oats, and dairy in addition to the alkaline diet (in one of my older blogs).

This week I received this email from him, "Yesterday I felt better than I have in a very long time. I am getting closer and closer to 100%.

No comments: