Thursday, May 31, 2018

MTHFR & Depression


 Nine months ago my husband became exhausted, depressed, had insomnia and lost a lot of interest in life. We went to his very kind general practitioner who told him he was just depressed and he needed an SSRI. She started to write out a prescription without any blood tests prior to this. I gently objected, but she insisted. He took the prescription and continued to get worse and worse and more tired and more depressed. After two weeks I was really concerned and called a psychiatric nurse practitioner who saw him right away. She did the blood tests. He had MTHFR that he had inherited from both of his parents. He also had high histamine, and inflammation, and his hormones were not balanced. He was also on another medication causing him serious problems and a blood pressure medication that contributed to depression and fatigue.
MTHFR homozygous means that your liver is 70 percent more likely not to detoxify than the average person. If you have MTHFR, you should avoid SSRI’s. They don’t work and can make you worse and even suicidal. Your body does not handle folic acid well because it blocks the pathways that methyfolate would normally use and methyfolate is a key compound for methylation. Methylation is a biochemical process involved in almost all of your body's functions and if is not working at an optimal level it will translate into many different health problems and will accelerate your aging process and also contribute to mental health problems. For more information on this check out MTHFR on You/Tube and also read the book “Dirty Genes,” by Dr. Ben Lynch.
The nurse practitioner put him on methylcobalmin sublingual vitamin B-12, also folate, and Cerenity PM. Since I have a Ph.D. in Holistic Nutrition, I researched high histamine foods and took him off all dairy, some fish that is high in histamine and other high histamine foods. This also helped lower his high homocysteine. We included more leafy greens in his diet which are high in folate. We added glutathione to his supplements. He had already been taking fish oil, Barlean’s lemon swirl because it tastes like lemon pie, but we upped the dose to 3 tablespoons a day.
This protocol had amazing results and he overcame his fatigue and depression

.
Read more about this in the book, "Dirty Genes." by Dr. Ben Lynch.  There are also some good presentations on You/Tube on MTHFR.

1 comment:

John Williams said...

Herpes Finally Gone, thanks to Dr. Utu for his Herbal Treatment.
I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I was on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight the virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! Feel Free to contact Dr Utu Email:- drutuherbalcure@gmail.com OR WhatsApp :- +2347032718477