Friday, October 16, 2009

Chronic Fatigue is not death but it takes your life away.

“My journey with Chronic Fatigue began 17 years ago when I was diagnosed with CFIDS and Fibromyalgia. I was so ill my doctor wanted to give me medical disability. After four years of agony, I finally said to my doctor, “I either want to get better or I want to die.

Since then, I have recovered even though the Center for Disease Control says there is no cure. I drastically changed my diet, finished a doctoral degree in Holistic Nutrition and have more energy than I did 30 years ago. My passion now is to educate others and give them hope for recovery.

My doctoral dissertation explored the results of an alkaline diet on patients who had significant disability and pain from CFIDS/FMS. All of them experienced significant improvement in their symptoms after changing from the traditional American diet to an alkaline diet and were able to resume normal activities. They had outstanding improvement in the reduction and elimination of symptoms. All experienced excellent to good improvement in decreased muscle and joint pain. A hundred percent of participants had improvement in 13 out of 16 symptoms.”

In my case, candida was a major contributor to my chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. Most people I have worked with who have CFIDS and FMS have candida, but candida does not show up in normal blood tests. A taurtaric acid test can usually determine candida.

Check my older and even beginning blogs for more on Chronic Fatigue.

No comments: